Sunday, January 4, 2015

Long time no blog!!!


Sorry about that but life has been manic to say the least, even without Christmas and New Year!!!

First off was Our Ben and the lovely Katies Christmas wedding.

It was a beautiful, albeit emotional, day all round. So strange to see one of your children doing something so grown up. He looked so proud and handsome, and Katie looked spectacular. My first sight of each of them turned me into a blubbering mess. The weather stayed crisp and clear, thankfully ensuring we all had a wonderful time.

Here's a few high lights.

Now I know many of you assume I live my life in glamour (he he…not!!), so here's a shot of me, the morning of the wedding.


And, as if by magic, here I am a few hours later, all scrubbed up…


Don't they make a beautiful couple.



So proud of my boy…


 The most beautiful grand daughter in the world did a fabulous job of flower girl.


Mother of the Groom flowers..


 I am waiting for the official photographs to arrive and then I will show you more.

Christmas eve saw me and The Babe of Deliciousness hotfooting it off to foreign sands. Yes, we had decided to spend the holidays in Tunisia.


We had a bungalow on the beach and just slept and journaled (ok that was just me !) all week.

I did turn into crazy cat lady…feeding all and sundry…


Even rescuing abandoned kittens from the storm…


Unfortunately, we contracted a gastric type of flu and have spent the last 5 days not venturing far from bedroom and bathroom. We look and feel like death warmed up and totally bypassed New Year and any of its celebrations.

But illness or not, CHA is fast upon us, in fact I leave in 3 days. 

And CHA means one thing…

Samples, samples and more samples…..






I am launching all new items at the show so The Resident Bit of Glamour and I have been working our fingers to the bone. I will reveal more as the week goes on.

Enjoy xx

17 comments:

Adri Myburgh said...

Congratulations!!! on Ben and Katies Christmas Wedding day may it be the start of something beautiful! Much love, health and happiness to them both on this happy occasion. PS. You look very Beautiful in the mornings. Love your work, BIG FAN!!!! hope to see you one day in South Africa,
Greeting Adri Myburgh

Unknown said...

Hope you are well enough for CHA!
Miss you already xxxx

Unknown said...

You looked fabulous in that lovely dress! Congratulations on ur sons wedding! And good luck preparing for CHA, hope you feel better!

Donna Russell said...

congrats to your son and his new wife. Yes is wonderful to see your children grown up into wonderful men and ladies. Thankyou for sharing

Salomé said...

So many beautiful news from you ! It’s really heartwarming and touching to see your son’s wedding and how happy you’re for him. And you were really wonderful for that day ! I hope you had great holidays in Tunisia and you could relax a bit, it’s a pity you were sick and I hope you’ll have recovered for CHA, it will be a big work for you ! I wish you good luck and courage, and a happy new year !

Salomé said...

So many beautiful news from you ! It’s really heartwarming and touching to see your son’s wedding and how happy you’re for him. And you were really wonderful for that day ! I hope you had great holidays in Tunisia and you could relax a bit, it’s a pity you were sick and I hope you’ll have recovered for CHA, it will be a big work for you ! I wish you good luck and courage, and a happy new year !

texasbarb said...

OH DY!!! I'm so sorry you've been feeling poorly!! I hope you're back to your old crazy self by CHA!! Thanks for the wedding pics...what a beautiful couple they make!!

Gill said...

Congratulations Ben and Katie!. Thanks for sharing the photos - you all looked fabulous. Hope you are feeling better x

Unknown said...

Such beautiful photos! Hope you are feeling 100% I know that big events take a lot out of ya...Can't wait to see the videos of all of the great things in the works at CHA! I really really can NOT wait until CHA comes back to the East coast. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing!

Caroline D. said...

Hate you got sick on your vacation, but I'm glad to think you are on the mend now and hopefully 100% before you fly to CHA! Congratulations to you Ben and Katie... beautiful photos from the wedding. I am loving all the samples I've seen of your new 'stuff'... looking forward to the reveal and getting my hands on it all! :D

Carol McCready said...

Great photos.
Hope you feel better
soon.

Unknown said...

Oh Dyan--I hope you do feel better and are raring to go for the CHA convention, not to mention all of the traveling. I know that's not fun when you're ill!!
Congrats of your son's wedding--such lovely pictures that you shared!!
Happy New Year to you!! Good luck at CHA!! XOXO-Shari

Sandie said...

Congratulations to Ben and his wife, it looked a wonderful and special day - and yes, a beautiful flower girl!
Gorgeous pages and tags - can't wait to see more. Lucky you with all the samples!!

ScrapBep said...

First, congrats with the newly weds! What a great blog again from you! Hope you are well for CHA and i'm sending big hugs from the Netherlands!

Miranda said...

Congrats with Ben's and Katie,s wedding they looked awesome, but so did you,.
Love the new samples, looking forward to the new products....they are going to be fantastic again, for sure

Hugs

Sheri M. said...

Congratulations, Dyan! See you in a few days;)

Michelle Webb said...

Ben and Katie do look great together. very happy for them both. Xx Loving the crazy cat ladyness, welcome to my world! Can't wait to see the new Dylusions. Keep Ya tongue out chick! Michelle xxx

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott